Calls to Artists
There are currently 3 calls available. Scroll down to see all opportunities.
Tacoma Studio Tour
Application Deadline: July 22, 2013, midnight
The Tacoma Arts Commission is seeking professional artists who are willing to open their studios to the public for the Tacoma Studio Tour, one of the features of Art at Work: Tacoma Arts Month this November. The emphasis of this tour is on raising visibility of the arts and providing artistic opportunities for the community to connect to the arts. While we encourage artists to have work for sale, the intention is not primarily as a studio sale. Studios will be open on Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3 from 11 am to 5 pm. Artists can choose to be open on Saturday, Sunday, or both days. The Tacoma Arts Commission will produce extensive electronic publicity materials including email newsletters, blog posts, and an interactive website and map. We will also produce a printed brochure for the Tacoma Studio Tour. The studio tours are free to both the artists and visitors.
- You must live within the City of Tacoma limits and/or your working studio must be located within the City of Tacoma limits
- You must provide a demonstration of your art form and/or provide a hands-on activity for attendees
- You must actively promote the Studio Tours to your own contacts
- If you would like to be a guest at another studio, the above guidelines still apply. A studio is defined as a location where artwork is created on a consistent basis.
Click here for more information and how to apply.
Artist Live/Work Space Survey
Artspace, a nationally renowned non-profit developer of artist live/work space is conducting a feasibility study to identify potential properties and interest in creating an artist live/work development in Tacoma.
We would like to support their findings with your input. Please help us make informed decisions by taking a few minutes to respond to an anonymous survey focused on your current living and working accommodations, as well as any possible desire for new accommodations. The survey should take approximately 5 minutes to complete. We are interested in input from artists of all disciplines from Tacoma and beyond. Please fill it out even if you are not currently looking to change your living/working situation and forward to anyone you feel may be interested.
Spaceworks Tacoma: Artscapes, Creative Enterprise and Special Project Residencies
Application Deadline: June 10, 2013 (midnight)
Spaceworks Tacoma is seeking artists, artist groups, non-profit organizations and creative entrepreneurs to energize empty spaces in Tacoma . Through this application cycle, projects will be identified to fill no- and low-cost vacant spaces through 2013.
Participants of Spaceworks are provided space, exposure, and consultation in exchange for creatively activating vacant spaces. The goal is to transform empty storefronts with creative energy and artistic enterprise, making Tacoma a stronger, more active city. We are seeking applications for all three Spaceworks tracks:
1) Artscapes temporarily places 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional or new media art installations in interior window storefronts.
2) Special Projects offers dedicated practicing artists the chance to pursue projects and develop work in any discipline for up to six months.
3) Creative Enterprise provides artists, designers, crafters, consultants, organizations, community groups and other creative entrepreneurs the chance to test new products and services in a no- or low-cost space for up to six months. This track provides relevant and meaningful professional development and peer-to-peer support for participants to systematically grow Tacoma ’s creative class.
General Funding Information
Tacoma Arts Commission supports arts organizations and artists through three funding programs: Arts Anchor Fund, Arts Projects and Tacoma Artists Initiative Program. Submission forms and information are available on the Funding page.
Please contact Naomi at (253) 591-5191 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
There are currently no workshops scheduled.